Painting Party


Last year I had the opportunity to teach a painting workshop as part of a girl's birthday party!   I met with the birthday girl and her mother a few weeks beforehand.  They wanted met to teach a simple painting project in Dutch for about 2 hours for 8 girls.   I asked the birthday girl what sort of subject she wanted for the painting and she chose peacocks!   (A few of the girls also made paintings of flowers and butterflies)


I prepared a demo-painting for the girls to use as an example:


And then I also set up blank canvases for the girls and myself so I could show them how to paint peacocks step-by-step.


I handed out large old shirts to everyone to protect their clothing.





There were plenty of jars of paint and buckets of water on the table in my studio which everyone could easily reach.


It was fun!



It was so interesting to see all the different styles and interpretations emerge on each girl's canvas.


And it was great to see satisfied faces and hear positive reactions from parents.